*PICTURED IN BANNER, L-R: Laurel Fetzer, Leslie Campbell, Jeanne Simpson, Ian MacDonald, Janet Thackeray, Joelle Rasmussen, Karen Peterson, and Toni Wilkins.
Murray Education Foundation (MEF) is proud to announce recipients of the 12th Annual Pinnacle Awards. (See photos in the website banner above.) These recognitions were established to honor excellence in educational service in the Murray City School District. In collaboration with leading Utah businesses and the Murray community, the purpose of the Pinnacle Award program is to recognize that outstanding and exemplary effort is appreciated and recognized.
This year’s Pinnacle Awards recipients:
- Leslie Campbell – Liberty Elementary/Library Aide classified (20 yrs MCSD)
- Ian MacDonald – Murray High/Chemistry teacher (20 yrs MCSD)
- Karen Peterson – Horizon Elementary/4th Grade DI teacher (13 yrs MCSD)
- Joelle Rasmussen – Parkside Elementary/Speech Lang pathologist (13 yrs MCSD)
- Jeanne Simpson – Grant Elementary/4th Grade teacher (28 yrs MCSD)
- Janet Thackeray – Riverview JH/volunteer 2015
- Toni Wilkins – Liberty Elementary/4th Grade teacher (23 yrs MCSD)
- Laurel Fetzer – Parkside Elem, RJH & MHS/volunteer 2014
These five educators, one classified employee and two volunteers will be honored guests at the yearly Pinnacle Awards Gala on Thursday, March 12, 2015. They will also be presented a cash award of $500, a statuette and a valuable gift basket. Community, business and education leaders will gather at this special event to recognize the exemplary educational efforts of these recipients as the Gala is held in the Commons Area at Murray High School.
The Murray Education Foundation is a not-for-profit 501(c) (3) organization. It actively promotes and recognizes excellence in the Murray schools by encouraging contributions and building community partnerships to enhance education. The Foundation board is comprised of community leaders interested in improving our public schools.
For more information on the Pinnacle Awards Gala or Pinnacle Awards program, contact:
MEF Executive Director Jeanne Habel (801-808-1301); or Pinnacle Co-chairs
AnnMarie Nielsen (801-261-3157) and Virginia Smith (801-508-0204).
LAST YEAR’S PINNACLE AWARD RECIPIENTS: