The purpose of the Murray Education Foundation is to promote and recognize excellence in Murray schools by encouraging contributions and building partnerships to enhance education. Created in 1981 and originally named the Murray School District Foundation, the name was changed in 1994 to the Murray Education Foundation (MEF), but the goals stayed the same.
For information regarding the Murray Education Foundation (MEF), contact:
Jeanne Habel – Executive Director; Phone 801-264-7400
MEF Board & Representatives 2018
School District Staff:
- Jeanne Habel – Executive Director
cell 801-808-1301; email email@example.com
- Richard Reese – District Office/Treasurer
- Jennifer Covington – District/Superintendent
- D. Wright – District PIO/Public Relations; email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sheila Johnson – Chair; email email@example.com
- AnnMarie Nielsen – Pinnacle Chair; email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kami Anderson – School Board Representative
- Richard Habel – Financial
- Spencer Olsen – MHS Alumni Association
- Blake Voorhees – Fundraising
- Brian & Jo Winterowd – Golf Tournament Chair
MEF Programs Include:
- MEF Golf Tournament – Held annually in September, proceeds from the MEF Golf Tournament fund teacher grants benefiting Murray schools students. Each district teacher can apply for up to $500 per year to be used in their classroom for a special project, supplies, or other. This year’s tournament will be held on Friday, August 24, 2018 the Lynn F. Pett Murray Parkway Golf Course. Shotgun start: 8:00 AM. Join us for an awesome day of golf, networking, and fundraising for the students of Murray City School District.
MEF 2018 Golf Tournament Flyer: The is the 20th year for this great event!
Teacher Grant Application Form 2018-2019 (To be posted)
- The Pinnacle Award – This event is to recognize and honor five outstanding educators, one classified employee, and one volunteer. Nominations are made by anyone in the schools or community; winners are determined by a committee. Recipients are recognized at an awards banquet where they receive a bronze statuette, a $500 cash award and a valuable gift basket.
Pinnacle Nomination Form 2018
Pinnacle Award Support Brochure 2018 (scanned)
Past Pinnacle Award recipients & other awards
- Invest In A Kid – This campaign is a critical factor in helping MEF reach many goals. Fund-raising is conducted through the simple process of requesting donations. Absolutely 100% of all donations collected go directly to support programs for Murray students at every grade level and in all schools. Literacy, math, science, art, music and after-school programs are just a few of the beneficiaries of these donations.
Invest In A Kid donation form
- Kennecott Nature Center – Opened September 1999, the Kennecott Nature Center is used by students in the Murray and Granite School Districts to explore nature by the Jordan River. Thousands of students visit the Center each year.
- Business Education Partnerships – Businesses partner with schools through this program to enhance education. A committee enables networking for specific needs of each school.
- School Needs Representatives – A representative from each school is named to aid schools in accessing “Incentives for Excellence” money. This funding comes through the state by receiving matching donations from the community.
- Summer Reading Program – This is a summer program for 1st through 3rd graders not reading up to grade level. Around 200 Murray students are impacted through this program which promotes educational success.
- The Laura Baker Professional Learning Grant– Named and founded in memory of long-time Murray Board of Education member Laura Baker. During her years of service to the Murray City School District, Mrs. Baker expressed a strong desire to provide Murray teachers and other licensed professional staff with more opportunities to attend conferences or workshops, or acquire training and new skills to help strengthen instructional methods in ways that that would positively impact student learning. Recipients are determined through a written application process which is based on demonstrated need in one or more of several defined areas of teaching criteria. A review board chooses two deserving candidates, and then they are cleared for their training opportunity expenses.
Everyone is invited to donate to MEF sponsored programs.
MEF Donation Form
- Go to PayPal
- Log into your own PayPal account
- Click on Send Money
- The MEF Paypal account is called: Mef@murrayschools.org
Your donations to MEF programs and activities are very appreciated!
- 1981 – 1986 Superintendent Glen C. Oldroyd
- 1986 – 1988 Superintendent Ron Stephens
- 1988 – 1992 Toni Geddes
- 1992 – 1998 Judy Tukuafu
- 1998 – 1999 Jan Clayburn
- 1999 – Present Jeanne Habel
- 1981 – 1983 Robert Killpack
- 1983 – 1985 Bette J. Cornwell
- 1985 – 1987 John Robinson
- 1987 – 1989 Joe Reuben
- 1989 May-Sept Debbie Nyedegger
- 1989 – 1991 Kim Davis
- 1991 – 1994* Greg Brown
- 1994 – 1996 W. Henry Pond
- 1996 – 1998 Mike Dahle
- 1998 – 2000 Jim Brass
- 2000 – 2001 Sue Vicchrilli
- 2001 – 2003 Doug Payne
- 2003 – 2006 Clare Lang
- 2006 – 2008 Guy Morris
- 2008 – Present Sheila Johnson
*1994 name change to Murray Education Foundation from Murray School District Foundation.