HORIZON FAST FACTS:
- Principal: Heather Nicholas
- Assistant Principal: Whitney Anderson
- Secretary: Caryn Waterman
- Secretary (part-time): Ruth Riches
- School schedule: 8:30 AM to 3:15 PM
Wednesday is Preparation Day with school hours 8:30 AM to 1:15 PM
- Enrollment: 700 students KG-6th grade (2014-15)
- Kindergarten: Full-day same as regular hours; Half-day 8:30-11:15 AM & 12:25-3:15 PM
- Spanish Dual Immersion Program: 1st through 6th grades (through application only)
- School promotion: Riverview Junior High & Murray High School.
- Mascot: Horizon Husky
- School Colors: Grey & Maroon
- Built: 1981
Please go to the main Murray School District Website for online registration.
A T T E N D A N C E
For any attendance questions, or to report absences/tardies,
please contact Ruth Riches (801) 264-7420 ext 5761
Help Your Child Succeed in School:
Build the Habit of Good Attendance Early
School success goes hand in hand with good attendance!
DID YOU KNOW????
- Starting in kindergarten, too many absences can cause children to fail behind in school.
- Missing 10% (or about 18 days) can make it harder to learn to read
- Students can still fall behind if they miss just a day or two days every few weeks.
- Being late to school may lead to poor attendance.
- Absences can affect the whole classroom if the teacher has to slow down learning to help children catch up.
Attending school regularly helps children feel better about school-and themselves. Start building this habit in preschool so they learn right away that going to school on time, every day is IMPORTANT. Good attendance will help children do well in high school, college, and at work.
For more on school readiness, visit Attendance Works