Please click on your child’s teacher’s name and sign up for an appointment for parent teacher conferences. Conferences will be held both Wednesday, February 28th and Thursday March 1st. There will NO school for morning and afternoon kindergarten on March 1st and NO SCHOOL for all students on March 2nd. Sign-ups will be available until February 21st. Instructions on how to access the website can be located here.
Dear Teachers, Students and Parents,
This year we at Liberty will be participating in a spelling bee. We once again will be following the list and rules set by Scripps, the national Spelling Bee organization. We have access to all of the new online word lists and pronouncers guide.
The school spelling bee will be for grades 3-6. Prior to the school bee we will have classroom level spelling bees to determine finalists to be able to compete at the school bee. Each classroom in grades 3-6 will have three students move on to the school spelling bee. We will follow national spelling bee procedures to select a school finalist to move onto the district bee in February. The top five spellers from the school bee will advance to the district bee.
In order to prepare for the spelling bee, it is recommended that you start studying NOW.
The official words allowed for the National Spelling Bee are any words found in Webster’s Dictionary. However, there are suggested words to study on the website created for this event.
To access the study word lists – please do the following:
- Log onto: com
- Here you will find study words for all grades along with all of the words and guidelines for the bee.
- On the website you will find the rules and procedures to prepare yourself or student for the competition.
Things to remember:
- This is a competition that goes to the district level for grades 3-8. Students who plan on moving on to the district level should plan on studying extensively. This level of competition is
- Study ALL 450 words to be prepared for the school and district bee. We typically use the highest grade words to find a winner or even have to use non-posted words.
- We have chosen to participate at this level in order to provide opportunities to find success and achievement for the students.
- We hope that during this competition we will cheer each other on and find joy in the success of the students selected to move on! Whoever the winners are, they will represent our school and the pride that we have here at Liberty Elementary.
Classroom bees: During the month of January 2018.
School spelling bee: January 26, 2018
District bee: February 26, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. — Hillcrest Jr. High School.
We look forward to a great competition and wish you all the best of luck!