Murray City School District Math Acceleration Option Summer 2018
The Murray City School District is offering a Math Acceleration option for 6th grade students. Sixth grade students wishing to accelerate have the opportunity to take Math 7 online during the summer between their 6th and 7th grade years. There is also a “challenge the course” option for students. Below are the details for the Math Acceleration option. If you are interested in the Math Acceleration option for 6th grade students and want more information, please contact Kristen Davis (contact information found below).
- Contact Kristen Davis at Murray City School District 801-264-7400 or email@example.com
- $50 fee due at registration
- June 4, 2018 class opens
- August 10, 2018 class closes
TESTING (all tests must be passed with an 85% or higher)
- Students will take 2 term tests
- Students will take one Summative Final Exam
- Students will NOT receive a letter grade for this class
- Students may retake each test once (including the Summative Final Exam)
- Allow at least one-hour per test
- All tests will be taken at Murray City School District offices
CHALLENGE THE COURSE
- Students may “challenge the course” and request to go straight to the Summative Final Exam. If they pass the Summative Final Exam with an 85% or higher, they automatically pass and do not have to take the entire course
- Students not receiving 85% or higher on the Summative Final Exam will be required to take the entire course
- Students not receiving 85% or higher on the Summative Final Exam will only have ONE additional opportunity to take the Summative Final Exam at the end of the course
- Students may take the initial “challenge the course” Summative Final Exam on June 5, 6 or 7; contact Kristen Davis to schedule an appointment
- First test will be given on June 26, 27 or 28
- Second test will be given on July 25, 26 or 27
- Final test will be given on August 7, 8, or 9
- Contact Kristen Davis to schedule an appointment for all tests
- Secondary II Honors Math is NOT taught in the junior high schools.
- 9th grade students will need to take Secondary II Honors Math at Murray High School.
- Parents are responsible for transportation to and from Murray High School.
- By accelerating math courses, students will be eligible to take AP Calculus as a junior and AP Statistics as a senior.
- Students interested in preparing for the Regents’ Scholarship should be aware that they must have 4 progressive credits of mathematics in grades 9-12. Parents/Guardians are responsible for understanding the Regents’ Scholarship requirements and eligibility. Please see Regents’ Scholarship information at (Regents Scholarship ). Your junior high school counselor or principal may be able to help answer some questions as well.