Congratulations to Teacher of the Year ROB WILSON, and Classified Employee of the Year SHARON GILLEN!
The Murray City School District is proud to announce the Teacher of the Year and the Classified Employee of the Year. These individuals, along with the other exceptional fellow employees who were also nominated, are recognized for their outstanding contributions to the District.
ROB WILSON – Teacher of the Year 2015-2016:
Mr. Wilson was hired in 1995 as Instrumental Music Teacher for Murray High School. He has expanded that program to offer many additional great musical opportunities during his past 20 years of service to MCSD. His dedication to his students is incredible.
- MaryAnn Birch – Liberty Elementary
- Jen Frampton – Grant Elementary
- Brittany Garner – Longview Elementary
- Kristin Loulias – Viewmont Elementary
- Amy Mautz – McMillan Elementary
- Alex Torr – Parkside Elementary
- Marce Wilson – Hillcrest JH
- Rob Wilson – Murray High School
- Meg Wongsuwan – Horizon Elementary
- Brenda Wright – Riverview JH
SHARON GILLEN – Classified Employee of the Year 2014-2015
Mrs. Gillen has been Administrative Secretary at Longview Elementary School for the past 10 years; prior to that she was a cook in the school nutrition program. She started in MCSD in 1996 and has worked at Longview the entire time, serving students, staff and community efficiently and with kindness.
- Mary-Ann Anderson – Viewmont Elementary
- Jamie Bailey – Grant Elementary
- Teresa Bigelow – McMillan Elementary
- Tricia Drake – District Office
- Sharon Gillen – Longview Elementary
- Gloria Herrera – Hillcrest JH
- Debbie Hymas – Murray High School
- Kay Lindorff – Riverview Elementary
- Debbie Otteson – District Office
All District nominees were honored at a luncheon at Brio Tuscan Grill, donated by the restaurant and hosted by Superintendent Hirase and a Murray Board of Education member along with Rock Boyer at the Classified Employee luncheon. In addition to the nominee luncheon, the Murray District Teacher of the Year and the Employee of the Year receive a plaque and check from the District, along with an all-expenses paid trip provided through the Murray Education Foundation. Granite Credit Union provided teacher award plaques; McGee’s Stamp and Trophy also provided sponsor support.