Purpose of the Murray High School RENAISSANCE PROGRAM:
To financially support the Renaissance vision and create an environment that will enhance student and faculty achievement. The Renaissance Program unites business, parent, school and community to cause positive changes.
This is accomplished by:
- Student Recognition – to promote and recognize excellence in academics, citizenship, attendance, and by enhancing student self-esteem
- Scholarships – to promote academics; awards are based on financial need
- Faculty Recognition – to promote and recognize excellent teaching; to provide teachers with a positive environment in which to teach
- Programs – to provide programs that will accelerate positive experience to all students, regardless of ability levels
- MHS Renaissance Program information brochure
– Top Scholar 4.0 GPA
– Spartan Scholar 3.6 GPA or higher
– Perfect Attendance 100% attendance record
– VIP (Very Improved Performance) with at least a .5 grade improvement
– Gift Certificates
– Recognition Luncheons
– Free or discounted entry to events/dances
– Spartan Spectacular prize drawings
– Faculty Recognition Luncheon
FAMILY ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- All Event Pass – $200 (Best Family Value)
- Single Event Pass – $50
CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Name in event programs.
- Plaque for business.
- Name on 5300South Street Sponsor Board.
- Passes for up to 10 individuals to all musicals, plays, athletic events, dance club and band performances.
To become of Renaissance Program member, call Murray High at 801-264-7460 and ask for Ilene or any of the principals.
RENAISSANCE PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
Congratulations to these great students, each of whom received
$1,000 towards higher education through the Renaissance Program!
Class of 2014 – Adhieu Arok, Maria Novoa, Jason Tang
Class of 2013 – Laura Bowles, Kiley Edwards, Nicholas Smart
Class of 2012 – Sarah Florreich, Marie Johnson, Biddy Tang
Class of 2011 – Preston Chapman, Jessie Cyrus, Kaysha Rytting
Class of 2010 – Sara Evans, Hans Lin, Madison Wilkins
Class of 2009 – Carly Beardall, Tressie Page, Jeff Smart
RENAISSANCE PROGRAM BOARD MEMBERS 2016
Rebecca Taylor – Co-President
Becky Evans – Co-President
Dan Hayes – Vice President; corporate sponsors, revenues
Richard Clark – Treasurer, general & administrative expenses
Dr. John Goldhardt – Principal, MHS
Ilene Nelson – Murray High office staff
Mitzi Huff – Board of Education; Student Core & Faculty/Staff programs
Kyle Winther – corporate sponsors, revenues
Eric James – corporate sponsors, revenues
Mildred Horton – Concessions Committee; handouts
Judy MacArthur – Member at Large; minutes, Individual Memberships
Margaret Horton – Member at Large; concessions
Jennie LaFortune – Renaissance Student Club faculty adviser
D. Wright – Public Relations Murray District Office; webpage