Your child’s attendance at school is a big deal. Missing even 10% (just two days per month) leads to a significant loss of learning opportunities.
MCSD does offer remediation programs and ways to make up missed time; however, please remember this is added stress.
Do everything you can to help your student(s) love school and show up daily. This is an important life skill that will serve them well into adulthood. Even when a child struggles to learn, showing up each day: shows resilience and also impacts their social and emotional learning:
- Teaches the payoffs of resilience
- Builds confidence
- Increases self-esteem
- Holds connectivity with their teacher(s) who can reinforce learning strategies
- Provides them with irreplaceable social interactions
But it also helps them achieve critical academic milestones:
- Dramatically improves reading skills
- Keeps them on pace with peers
- Exponentially elevates their odds of graduation
If you have questions or need help with your individual student’s needs, reach out to your student’s teacher or an administrator. We have resources, tips, and strategies that can make a difference.