Parents, your child’s attendance at school is a big deal. Missing even 10% of school (or two days per month) leads to a significant loss of learning opportunities. MCSD does offer remediation programs and ways to make up missed time, however, please remember this adds an increase of stress on your child.
Do everything you can to help your student(s) love school and show up each day. This is an important life skill they will take with them into adulthood. Even when a child struggles to learn, showing
up each day impacts their social and emotional learning:
- Builds their confidence and self-esteem
- Teaches them that determination and perseverance pays off
- Provides them with irreplaceable social interactions
But it also helps them achieve important academic milestones:
- Dramatically speeds up their ability to read
- Keeps them on pace with their peers
- Greatly improves their odds of graduation
If you have questions or need help with your individual student’s needs, reach out to your student’s teacher or an administrator. We have resources, tips, and strategies that can make a difference.