Active Student/Staff Positive COVID Case Counts
This information is being published to provide transparency for our families, educators and community. Active cases will be updated daily as needed. A positive case will be reported active for 14 days from the date of the confirmed positive test. In providing this data, please refrain from speculating, shaming or blaming when a positive case at a school is identified.
A person’s test result is considered private health information and is kept confidential. Names, grade levels, or any other personally identifiable information will not be shared. School nurses and the identified COVID Point of Contact (POC) at each school will conduct contact tracing with each positive case. Notification will be provided to individuals/families who have been exposed to a positive person and asked to quarantine for 14 days. (Exposure is defined as being closer than six feet for more than 15 minutes.)
We appreciate everyone doing their part to take care of themselves and others by wearing masks, physically distancing, practicing good hand hygiene, and staying home when ill. By continuing to reinforce these practices, we will be able to keep our schools open and provide a healthy and safe learning environment for all.
|Hillcrest Jr. High||2|
|Riverview Jr. High||6|
* School counts do not include positive cases for enrolled students that are online only learners. The data on the Salt Lake County Dashboard will include these cases.
October 12, 2020
October 2, 2020
August 21, 2020
District Infographic Protocols:
- MCSD – A Day at School 2020-21 | MCSD – A Day at School 2020-21_SP
- MCSD – Bus and School Drop-Off and Pickup | MCSD – Bus and School Drop-Off and Pickup_SP
- MCSD – Face Covering Guidelines | MCSD – Face Covering Guidelines_SP
- MCSD Guidelines or a Safe Return to School | MCSD Guidelines or a Safe Return to School_SP
- MCSD Protocols for Parents – Symptom Checking at Home | MCSD Protocols for Parents – Symptom Checking at Home_SP
- MCSD Sanitation Guidelines | MCSD Sanitation Guidelines_SP
- MCSD Food and Nutrition Plan | MCSD Food and Nutrition Plan_SP
August 18, 2020:
ParentSquare How-To Video: ParentSquare is the District’s key communication tool each school uses to keep families in the loop on activities, information, and more!
July 22, 2020:
- MCSD Reopening Plan – Returning with Care
This plan was approved by the Murray City School District Board of Education on July 21, 2020. This plan will continue to be fluid as metrics related to the health and safety of students and staff change or are updated by state, county, and/or local officials.
- MCSD Registration is Open (all students must register here)
- Optional – For those requesting Online-Only Learning Option, Complete this additional form:
(Must complete MCSD main registration first, then submit this form no later than August 4, 2020)
July 21, 2020:
- MCSD Returning with Care GENERAL FAQs (Excludes Learning options)
- MCSD Returning with Care Secondary Learning Options FAQs
- MCSD Returning with Care Elementary Learning Options FAQs
- MCSD Returning with Care Learning Options Presentation Given to Board
- MCSD Symptom Checking and Reinforcing Healthy Practices at Home (English)
- Video of Board of Education Meeting on July 20, 2020
- Elementary Learning Options (in-person, online, and hybrid)
- Secondary Learning Options (in-person, online, and hybrid)
July 9, 2020: MCSD Reopening Plan – Returning with Care (Draft)
Presented to MCSD School Board for consideration
Plan will continue to be updated with additional details as they become available