Active Student/Staff Positive COVID Case Counts
This information is being published to provide transparency for our families, educators and community. Active cases will be updated each day Monday – Friday. A positive case will be reported active for 14 days from the date of the confirmed positive test. It is important to note that while positive cases are reported active for 14 days, the isolation period for an infected individual is 10 days. Positive individuals may return to school/work after their 10-day isolation period as long as they are symptom free. Case counts below will include individuals who have returned to school/work but are still being counted as positive due to the active reporting requirement.
A person’s test result is considered private health information and is kept confidential. Names, grade levels, or any other personally identifiable information will not be shared. School nurses and the identified COVID Point of Contact (POC) at each school will conduct contact tracing with each positive case. Notification will be provided to individuals/families who have been exposed to a positive person and were not wearing a mask. These individuals will be asked to quarantine for 10 days. (Exposure is defined as being closer than six feet for more than 15 minutes.) Quarantined individuals may test on day 7 and return with a negative result. Individuals who were exposed to a positive person in school where masks were being worn by both individuals do not need to quarantine.
We appreciate everyone doing their part to take care of themselves and others by wearing masks, physically distancing, practicing good hand hygiene, and staying home when ill. By continuing to reinforce these practices, we will be able to keep our schools open and provide a healthy and safe learning environment for all.
|School||Active Student/Staff |
|Students in Quarantine
Due to School Exposure
|Hillcrest Jr. High||2||0|
|Riverview Jr. High||2||0|
Note: School counts do not include positive cases for enrolled students that are online only learners or students/employees that have not been in attendance during their symptomatic period prior to testing positive. The data on the Salt Lake County Dashboard may include these cases.
Quarantine and Testing Information/Resources
Rapid COVID testing for people who meet the requirement to test 7 days after exposure to return early (English)
Rapid COVID testing for people who meet the requirement to test 7 days after exposure to return early (Spanish)
Free COVID testing for people with symptoms or who have been in close contact with a positive person (English)
Free COVID testing for people with symptoms or who have been in close contact with a positive person (Spanish)
October 25, 2020
October 12, 2020
October 2, 2020
August 21, 2020
District Infographic Protocols:
- MCSD – A Day at School 2020-21 | MCSD – A Day at School 2020-21_SP
- MCSD – Bus and School Drop-Off and Pickup | MCSD – Bus and School Drop-Off and Pickup_SP
- MCSD – Face Covering Guidelines | MCSD – Face Covering Guidelines_SP
- MCSD Guidelines or a Safe Return to School | MCSD Guidelines or a Safe Return to School_SP
- MCSD Protocols for Parents – Symptom Checking at Home | MCSD Protocols for Parents – Symptom Checking at Home_SP
- MCSD Sanitation Guidelines | MCSD Sanitation Guidelines_SP
- MCSD Food and Nutrition Plan | MCSD Food and Nutrition Plan_SP
August 18, 2020:
ParentSquare How-To Video: ParentSquare is the District’s key communication tool each school uses to keep families in the loop on activities, information, and more!
July 22, 2020:
- MCSD Reopening Plan – Returning with Care
This plan was approved by the Murray City School District Board of Education on July 21, 2020. This plan will continue to be fluid as metrics related to the health and safety of students and staff change or are updated by state, county, and/or local officials.
- MCSD Registration is Open (all students must register here)
- Optional – For those requesting Online-Only Learning Option, Complete this additional form:
(Must complete MCSD main registration first, then submit this form no later than August 4, 2020)
July 21, 2020:
- MCSD Returning with Care GENERAL FAQs (Excludes Learning options)
- MCSD Returning with Care Secondary Learning Options FAQs
- MCSD Returning with Care Elementary Learning Options FAQs
- MCSD Returning with Care Learning Options Presentation Given to Board
- MCSD Symptom Checking and Reinforcing Healthy Practices at Home (English)
- Video of Board of Education Meeting on July 20, 2020
- Elementary Learning Options (in-person, online, and hybrid)
- Secondary Learning Options (in-person, online, and hybrid)
July 9, 2020: MCSD Reopening Plan – Returning with Care (Draft)
Presented to MCSD School Board for consideration
Plan will continue to be updated with additional details as they become available