Murray Education Foundation
The purpose of the Murray Education Foundation (MEF) is to promote and recognize excellence in Murray schools by encouraging contributions and building partnerships to enhance education. Created in 1981 and originally named the Murray School District Foundation, the name was changed in 1994 to the Murray Education Foundation (MEF), but the goals stayed the same.
MEF Board & Representatives 2018
- Jeanne Habel – Executive Director
cell 801-808-1301; email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard Reese – District Office/Treasurer
- Jennifer Covington – District/Superintendent
- D. Wright – District PIO/Public Relations
- Sheila Johnson – Chair; email email@example.com
- AnnMarie Nielson – Pinnacle Chair; email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kami Anderson – School Board Representative
- Richard Habel – Financial
- Spencer Olsen – MHS Alumni Association
- Blake Voorhees – Fundraising
- Brian & Jo Winterowd – Golf Tournament Chair
MEF Programs Include:
- MEF Golf Tournament – Held annually in August, proceeds from the MEF Golf Tournament fund teacher grants benefiting Murray schools students. Each district teacher can apply for up to $500 per year to be used in their classroom for a special project, supplies, or other. This year’s tournament will be held on Friday, August 24, 2018 the Lynn F. Pett Murray Parkway Golf Course. Shotgun start: 8:00 AM. Join us for an awesome day of golf, networking, and fundraising for the students of Murray City School District.
MEF 2018 Golf Tournament (event concluded for 2018)
Teacher Grant Application (deadline passed for 2018)
- The Pinnacle Award – This event is to recognize and honor five outstanding educators, one classified employee, and one volunteer. Nominations are made by anyone in the schools or community; winners are determined by a committee. Recipients are recognized at an awards banquet where they receive a bronze statuette, a $500 cash award and a valuable gift basket.
Pinnacle Nomination Form 2019
Pinnacle Award Brochure 2019 (*to be posted)
Pinnacle Awards list of past winners (and other awards)
- Invest In A Kid – This campaign is a critical factor in helping MEF reach many goals. Fund-raising is conducted through the simple process of requesting donations. Absolutely 100% of all donations collected go directly to support programs for Murray students at every grade level and in all schools. Literacy, math, science, art, music and after-school programs are just a few of the beneficiaries of these donations.
Invest In A Kid donation form
- Kennecott Nature Center – Opened September 1999, the Kennecott Nature Center is used by students in the Murray and Granite School Districts to explore nature by the Jordan River. Thousands of students visit the Center each year.
- Business Education Partnerships – Businesses partner with schools through this program to enhance education. A committee enables networking for specific needs of each school.
- The Laura Baker Professional Learning Grant– Named and founded in memory of long-time Murray Board of Education member Laura Baker. During her years of service to the Murray City School District, Mrs. Baker expressed a strong desire to provide Murray teachers and other licensed professional staff with more opportunities to attend conferences or workshops, or acquire training and new skills to help strengthen instructional methods in ways that that would positively impact student learning. Recipients are determined through a written application process which is based on demonstrated need in one or more of several defined areas of teaching criteria. A review board chooses two deserving candidates, and then they are cleared for their training opportunity expenses.
The Murray Education Foundation now accepts donations online! Click the link and fill out the secure form to donate. *Please specify in the notes section to which project you are donating.*
You can also donate by filling out the MEF donation form and mailing a check.
Everyone is invited to donate to MEF sponsored programs!