Non-Resident & Intra-District Application
Students who wish to attend a school other than their neighborhood school—the one assigned to them by geographic boundaries—may apply to transfer to another school by submitting a non-resident/intra-district application online.
Permits are approved as space is available and on a first-come, first-served basis.
In Murray City School District, there are two open enrollment periods: Early Open Enrollment and Late Open Enrollment. The Early Open Enrollment period is the recommended time to enroll for the next school year. Late Open Enrollment is generally, but not always, for the current school year and may be applied for at any time.
Open Enrollment The Open Enrollment period begins December 1st and continues through the third Friday in February each year. Approved transfer requests shall become effective the following school year, beginning on the first day of school. Applications received during the open enrollment period will be notified by the school of their choice if the non-resident permit is approved or denied by March 31.
Late Enrollment The Late Enrollment period can be filed at any time. Approved non-resident permit requests shall become effective the following school year or the current year, as indicated on the request form. Permits will be approved or denied by the school of their choice based on available space.
Once a school administrator approves a permit, the permit will renew automatically every year thereafter as long as the student remains at the same school and their permit is not revoked. Permits must be renewed when a student advances from elementary to middle school or from middle school to high school.
One application must be completed per student and per school requested.
Prior to paying the application fee and submitting an application during the Late Enrollment period, we encourage you to call the school of your choice to see if there is space available in the grade you are requesting.
Steps to Completing the Non-Resident & Intra-District Application Form
A payment of $5.00 is required for each application you complete. Click the icon below to complete the online payment process prior to complete the application. If payment is not received, the non-resident application will not be considered.
Complete the Non-Resident Student application
- If you live outside of the Murray City School District boundary, select the Non-Resident Application choice. Click here to see the boundary maps
- If you live inside the Murray City School District boundary and want to apply to a school other than your boundary area school, select the Intra-District Application choice.
- Select the school you are requesting from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the name of the Current Boundary District, this is the school district that you currently live in.
Click here to see a list of school districts by zip codes
- Enter the name of the school your student is currently attending. If your student is going into kindergarten, please enter ‘pre-school’.
- Select the 2020-2021 Late Enrollment choice.
- Complete your student’s information. All information must be completed in order for the application to be considered.
- If your student is currently enrolled in any of the listed special programs, check the appropriate box(es).
- If your student has ever been suspended or expelled from a public school, provide that information.
- Electronically sign the document, provide a valid email address, and check the box if you give MCSD permission to request/receive a copy of your student’s transcripts.
- Click submit.
The following message will appear once your application has been submitted: Your form has been successfully completed. Once you see this message, you have completed the application process. You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been submitted to the email address you put on the application.
The application will be forwarded to the requested school. The school administrator will approve or deny the application based on space available in the grade your requested. You will be notified by email.