MCSD understands there are many wonderful extra-curricular activities, programs, and services available to our students and their families. To minimize disruptions in our school buildings, MCSD permits non-school entities (government, non-profit, and for-profit) to leverage our District contacts for distribution of their electronic (PDF) flyers to families by way of a service called PeachJar. This service allows an entity to create a user account and pay a small fee to distribute the flyer on or around a specified date and become posted on school and district websites they designate. MCSD DOES NOT receive any compensation for this service, rather it gives entities and programs a method in which they can distribute information to students and their families.
Flyers that are distributed must meet our community standards with a light review of their content before approval. However, an entity’s permission to distribute does not imply MCSD endorsement of the content, nor does it reflect a thorough review or vetting of that content. As with all information and advertisements families receive by way of various communications, careful review of that information and prudence in taking action on it important.
Even still, our PeachJar participation saves school administrators time from having to review printed flyers and track their placement at the schools. It also saves paper and is an efficient method of communication for all involved.
COMMUNITY GROUPS AND OUTSIDE ORGANIZATIONS:
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be email to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Visit peachjar.com (opens in new window)
- Register as an Enrichment / Community organization (or account type)
- Upload your flyer for approval
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office where it will be reviewed either approved or denied, based on the standards below. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less that the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school.
NOTE: If you are a parent group at one of our MCSD schools, or meet other specific internal requirements, the service fee may not apply.
DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING MUST APPEAR ON THE FLYER:
This event/activity/program (choose one) is not sponsored by the Murray City School District. Approval to distribute flyers is a community service and not an endorsement.
For questions or more information on the process, contact Peachjar representatives.
MCSD Flyer Approval Guidelines
Murray City School District cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational, enrichment or recreational nature for students and staff by allowing them to distribute materials electronically.
As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery via Peachjar. This is a common system used along the Wasatch Front with our nearby school districts. Flyers to be distributed to students must be approved by the communications office. Click on the Peachjar logo to submit your request.
All flyers are subject to the following MCSD criteria:
- The flyer must be educational in nature, supporting the basic educational mission of MCSD and/or benefiting the population of MCSD in a positive manner.
- All flyers to be distributed shall bear the name and clear contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Approval of your flyer does not imply District endorsement of any identified product and/or of services.
- Flyers will not be approved unless they have met all of the above-mentioned criteria and filled out the application process through Peachjar completely.
MCSD does not approve the distribution of:
- Materials for projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a particular political party, political organization or political viewpoint.
- Materials for projects, activities or programs that would publicize or promote a particular church, religious organization or religious viewpoint.
- Materials requesting participants in Medical Trial groups or other medical studies.
- Materials for events deemed not suitable for children or any of our student or staff population.
Peachjar will automatically add the following disclaimer in English and Spanish:
“DISCLAIMER: The activities, products, or services advertised in this flyer are not sponsored or endorsed by MCSD or its schools.”
“DESCARGO DE RESPONSABILIDAD: Las actividades, productos o servicios publicitados en este folleto no están patrocinados ni respaldados por el MCSD ni sus escuelas.”
Flyers will NOT be approved by Peachjar that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act.
- Proselytize religious beliefs
- Position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in specific MCSD Board policy. Related Murray City School District Board Policies are PS 415 and ADM 213.