MCSD PTA & PTSA
The purpose of PTA (Parent Teacher Association) and PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) is to promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school and community. Volunteers in the Murray City School District spend countless hours doing just that. They are a valuable asset to our students and our community their efforts are greatly appreciated by teachers, administrators and our students!
- Murray Council Region 19 PTA & PTSA Board & School Presidents, 2020-21
- Murray PTA End of Year Award Winners (2011 – Present)
- Murray District Spelling Bee website link
- University of Utah Science & Engineering Fair Information page & links
- Suicide Prevention Tool Kit
- Red Ribbon Week Toolkit
- White Ribbon Week Support | WRW Healthy Media Pledge
- Join Your Local PTA or PTSA Here
Utah school district studies have shown that when comparing schools with similar demographics, only two factors stood out as indicators of increased student performance and school achievement. One of those was PTA membership. Schools with greater PTA membership consistently performed better than schools that lagged behind in that area. While it is certain that other factors, including the support of school administrators, affect the amount of PTA membership; research validates what those who work in PTA know … involving parents in the PTA’s does make a difference in the academic achievement of students. Continuing to invite parents and community members to join their school PTA and PTSA’s helps build a strong foundation of learning for our children.