Student Online Registration Information
Registration for the 2019 – 2020 school year is now open
Every student must register every year. Please review this entire web page and instructions before starting.
There are two parts to registration. Links are listed below under Registration Procedure.
- Step 1 – Login to your Aspire parent account to register
- Step 2 – Pay school fees online through MySchoolFees, by mail, or in person at the school (secondary students only)
If you do not have a computer, you may visit any library, or you can use a computer at your student’s school (after August 1st). Non-resident students must be pre-approved before completing this section. See information below.
A NEW student is any student without a Murray Aspire ID number. If your student has ever attended a Murray school, that student is not new. All new students must go to the schools to provide proper documentation. Please call the school for more information. MHS new student registration will be August 8th from 7:30 am – 12:30 pm.
- Instructions for Registering New Students without an Aspire Parent Account
- Instructions for Registering New Students with an Aspire Parent Account
- Instructions for Registering Current and Former Students (including ECEC)
Aspire Account Information
Please be aware that the Aspire Student Information System has two types of accounts to access this system.
Student Account. This account is meant for the student to access their grades. The username for this account is the student ID number. Students cannot register.
Parent Account. This account is meant for parents and guardians only. The username and password are created by the parent. Registration is done through a parent account. Parents have access to view grades, attendance, emergency contacts, lunch balances, assessment scores, as well as edit some information. There is a “subscribe” button that can be clicked if you would like automatic emails regarding your student’s progress. Do not share your parent login information with your student, and do not include your student’s personal cell phone number anywhere in this system.
If you are not sure if you have a parent account, or if you can’t remember your username, please call the school where your student will attend, or 801-264-7471. If you do not have a parent account, you can create one on the Aspire homepage.
Common Mistake. While registering in Aspire, watch for the “Contacts” section and make sure to “+Add New Contact” so that both/all parents are listed (if applicable). Parents should not be listed in the “Emergency Contacts” section.
Step 1 – Login to your Aspire parent account to register
Step 2 – Pay school fees for secondary students only
Payment through MySchoolFees is strongly preferred, but not mandatory, and is only available for returning students. instructions, for setting up a new account, are available on this link MySchoolFees Instructions.
Hillcrest Junior High Fee Worksheet
mail to Hillcrest Jr. High, 178 E 5300 S, Murray, UT 84107
Riverview Junior High Fee Worksheet
mail to Riverview Jr. High, 751 W Tripp Ln, Murray, UT 84123
Fees can be paid at the schools on the following days with cash, check, or VISA.
Hillcrest Junior High – Thursday, August 8th from 8 am – 12:30 pm only
Riverview Junior High – Wednesday, August 7th from 8 am – 12:30 pm only
Murray High School – Friday, August 16th from 7:30 am -12:30 pm only
- School Fees Notice Grades 7 – 12
- Aviso de tarifas escolares de los grados 7 – 12 en español
- School Fees Notice Grades K – 6
- Aviso de tarifas escolares Grados K - 6 en español
Additional Information and Forms
Schedules and Lockers
Secondary student schedules and lockers can be viewed in Aspire in the student account – not the parent account, after registration and payment are completed, according to the timeline below.
- Junior high school schedules will be available – three business days after registration and payment are completed.
- High school schedules will be available – on August 6th, if registration and payment are completed before August 5th. For registration and payment completed after August 5th schedules will be available to view three business days later.
- Schedules will not be mailed or emailed.
New Electronic Device Orientation Video
All parents or guardians can view this 7 minute video by clicking the link below. Murray City School District is excited to provide your student with a Chromebook for use at school and, for secondary students, for use at home. A Chromebook will be provided for all students from grades K – 12.
The video covers:
- Rules for using each device
- Insurance program for damage (secondary students only)
- Consequences of misuse
- Safe Schools Video Link
Hillcrest Junior High Forms
- HJH Principal Letter
- HJH Attendance Policy
- HJH Citizenship Policy
- HJH Dress Code
- HJH PE Uniform Order Form
- HJH Spirit Shirt
Riverview Junior High Forms
Murray High School Forms
- MHS General Information
- MHS Approved Fees
- Cuotas aprobadas por MHS en español
- MHS PTSA Volunteer Letter
- MHS Drivers Education Letter
- MHS Parking Application
- MHS Schedule Change Form
- 2019-2020 School Year Calendar
- Community Service Obligations
- Obligaciones de servicio comunitario en Español
- Fee Waiver Application Grades 7 – 12
- Aplicación de exención de pago Grados 7 a 12 en Español
- Free and Reduced Meal Online Application (you must log in to your Aspire account)
- Free and Reduced Meals, Information, Instructions and Application (paper form)
- Información, instrucciones y aplicación de alimentos gratuitos y reducidos, en español
- School Meals Program Information and Prices
- USBE Statewide Online Education Program
- Bullying, Cyberbullying, Harassment, Hazing, and Retaliation Policy
- Interfering and Electronic Communication Devices Policy
- Interfiriendo y dispositivos de comunicación electrónica en Español
- Truancy Board Policy
- Waiver of Fees Board Policy
If the student registration indicated a health concern, the parent/guardian is liable for completing the appropriate paperwork. The appropriate forms must be printed, completed, and returned to the school as soon as possible. Please go to the Health Services web page to view these forms.
Bus applications are not necessary. All eligible students have been assigned to a bus. To check your eligibility by your address please click the link Check your address.
If you have a special education bus need, please contact Kelli Kercher at 801-264-7400.
If your address shows a “walk-zone” under the school information, you are within the walking distance (1.5 miles for elementary, 2.0 for secondary). If under the school information, it shows a bus number, route number, stop location and time, you are eligible and already assigned to that stop. If no information is populated in your search, you are out of the Murray City School District boundaries and are not eligible for busing.
Non-Resident Enrollment Information
All non-resident students are required to re-apply to attend the Murray City School District at two different times during the K – 12 process. Sixth grade students must re-apply prior to entering junior high school and ninth grade students must re-apply prior to attending Murray High School.
You must submit your open enrollment application at the district office located at 5102 S. Commerce Drive, Murray, UT 84107, between 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM. There is a $5.00 fee per application. We accept cash, check, or credit/debit cards. Students who do not complete an application and receive approval will be unable to register for the following school year.
Enrollment applications are considered in the order in which they are received. Each school looks at programs and capacity, as well as the overall past performance of each student in determining whether an enrollment application is accepted.
For general registration questions, please contact the help desk at 801-264-7426 or firstname.lastname@example.org