THE ROLE OF THE MURRAY BOARD OF EDUCATION
- Assure, through school personnel, the development of curriculum and implementation of instructional programs, which will serve the needs of all students in a changing society.
- Adopt policies, goals, priorities and procedures that provide direction to the operation of the District.
- Assure fiscal efficiency and integrity.
- Maintain compliance with all legal requirements.
- Assure responsiveness to the educational needs of patrons and students in the District.
- Assure the informing of citizens regarding the operation of the District and the accomplishments of its schools.
- Encourage citizen involvement through committees and school community groups.
- Ensure an adequate standard of quality for the physical facilities and equipment in the District.