MURRAY HIGH SCHOOL
5440 South State Street
Murray, UT 84107
Phone 801-264-7460; Fax 801-264-7461
Murray School Website
WE ARE MHS!
- Principal: Scott Wihongi
- Assistant Principal: Dolph Church
- Assistant Principal: Laura deShazo
- Secretary to Principal: LeAuna Brown
- Secretary: Judy Anderson
- Secretary: Kathy Chappell
- School Schedule: 7:50 AM to 2:30 PM;
Preparation Day, Wednesday 7:50 AM to 2:00 PM
- Grades: 10th through 12th
- Enrollment: 1,498 students (2017-2018 school year)
- Mascot: Spartans
- School Colors: Orange & Black
- MHS Renaissance Program webpage
A Brief History of MURRAY HIGH SCHOOL
Murray High School was built in 1911 as Hillcrest School, and was originally located on the east side of State Street at the current Hillcrest Junior High location. It was renamed Murray High School after a few years, and then rebuilt and moved across to the west side of State Street in 1954. The new, state-of-the-art Murray High School was completed at the same location in 2003. This state-of-the-art facility offers curriculum including basic general courses, advanced technology, college prep, and career oriented offerings; along with a host of extra-curricular activities and clubs.
Oh when the Spartan team falls into line,
they will make a touchdown (basket) every time.
We will yell, yell, yell for victory,
and on our honor we will sing our praise to thee.
And when the team comes homes with another score,
we will cheer them, cheer them, all the more.
For we proudly wear the orange and black,
fight on to victory!