662 West Bulldog Circle (6140 South)
Murray, UT 84123
Phone 801-264-7416; Fax 801-264-7477
- Mascot: Grant Bulldog
- School Colors: Blue & White
- Enrollment: Approximately 375 students
- School promotion: Riverview Jr. High & Murray High
- Built: 1959
A Brief History of GRANT ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
As a growing school population demanded more educational resources, Murray School District was challenged to provide for more students during the decades right after World War II. In anticipation of passing of a $450,000 bond, Murray Board of Education decided to construct a new elementary school at 662 West Bulldog Circle (6140 South), on the west side of Murray City.
Grant Elementary School was completed in time for the 1959-1960 school year. The Board anticipated that by juggling some of the school boundaries, over-enrollment issues at Liberty, Bonnyview and Hillcrest elementary schools would at least be temporarily eased. Those boundaries have shifted around many times with continued expansion in the district and Grant Elementary has continued to provide a stable learning environment for those attending the school.
One of the smaller schools in the Murray District, the student body and patrons of Grant have huge loyalty and spirit for their little school. The yearly Fun Run activities bring students and families together to raise money for the school. In January, “Career and College Readiness” week provides lots of interesting and creative activities to encourage students to think about college and future careers. Always enthusiastically committed to whatever they undertake, Grant Elementary staff, students and patrons show their Bulldog Spirit in all that they do!