The Communications and Public Information Office of the Murray City School District (MCSD) coordinates all communications with parents/students, District personnel, and other key stakeholders such as news media, other districts, local and state officials, community partners, and others.
MCSD Public Information Officer:
Doug Perry, Communications/Public Information, 801-264-7400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How We Communicate
The Murray City School District is the primary communications tool for the District to post information
- Press Room
The press room of this website displays press releases, media alerts, announcements, and links to news stories about District happenings
- Social Media
- Your Murray Schools (YMS)
YMS is the District newsletter that is periodically (3-4x each year) published in the Murray Journal newspaper.
ParentSquare is MCSD’s official communication tool with families of students. This web- and app-based platform communicates messages by way of the downloadable application, email, text, and outbound voice messaging. This tool is ONLY for official school communications (see below for PeachJar for non-school entity communications). Families need to create their ParentSquare account by going to parentsquare.com and using the email address they have in the District’s student database called Aspire. This will validate their permission to create/use a Parentsquare account. From there, you will be notified as messages are posted from your school and the District.
PeachJar is a third-party email platform whereby governmental, non-profit, and for-profit entities can communicate information about events, activities, and programs available to parents and students within their schools or the MCSD. Submissions in the form of a PDF flyer can be made at peachjar.com by creating a user account, paying a small fee, and designating the schools and dates you wish to submit your flyer. These are then approved by MCSD and sent out on Fridays. Please ensure all submissions are one file (of 1 or more pages) and no more than 4 MB of total space.
- Alumni News webpage – If you have alumni info to share, send us an email!
Information regarding Murray High School alumni events and news.
District Awards and Recognition
Each year, MCSD recognized personnel in different ways listed below.
- Awards and Recipients from 2019-20 School Year
- Teachers of the Year (1978 to Present)
- Classified Employees of the Year (1983 to Present)
- Laura Baker Professional Learn Grant Recipients (2011 to Present)
- PTA End of Year Awards (2011 to Present)
- MEF Pinnacle Award Recipients (2004 to Present)
- Other Awards and Recipients at MCSD (1994 – Present)
About the MCSD
Other Resources of local and educational interest:
- Boys & Girls Club of Murray
- Murray Chamber of Commerce
- Murray City
- Murray City Library
- Murray Journal newspaper
- USOE – Utah State Office of Education
- Utah Child Protection Registry Do Not Contact Program
- Utah Division of History Digital Photo Collection
- Utah Education Network (UEN)
- Utah High School Activities Association
- Utah PTA – Parent Teacher Association
- Utah State Board of Education Educational Directory
For a list of current elected Murray officials, go to this link on the Murray City website.