Aspire is the State of Utah’s Student Information System (SIS). Some Utah school districts, including Murray City School District, use Aspire Local Education Agencies as their SIS. The Utah State Board of Education (USBE) maintains a team of programmers and technical support staff to develop and maintain the Aspire application.
Aspire uses a Schools Interoperability Framework (SIF) that serves as a “translator” for the data submitted to USBE by all LEAs to interface with the Utah eTranscript and Record Exchange (UTREx) data collection.
Data submitted is used for federal, state, and local government reporting and for funding purposes.
Aspire offers school districts, educators, parents, and students the following:
- Academic Intervention Tracking
- Assessment Imports
- Attendance Tracking
- Behavior Tracking
- College and Career Tracking
- Fees Module
- Food Service
- Food Service Data Importing from the Department of Workforce Services
- Parent/Guardian Notifications of Student Academic Summaries
- Teacher Grade Books
- UTREx SIF Daily Submissions
- Interface with Canvas