Murray Education Foundation announced its recipients of the Laura Baker Professional Development Grant.
Named and founded in memory of one of Murray City School District’s outstanding community leaders – including 22 years of service on the Murray Board of Education – Laura Baker was an influential advocate of professional development among Murray educators.
Though she passed away in 2011, her legacy for the love of learning continues in the recipients of the annual grants given in her name. Approved by the family of Laura Baker and administered annually through the Murray Education Foundation, here are the 2023 recipients:
- Blaire Buteau, Hillcrest Jr. High, School Psychologist
- Faithe Conners, Hillcrest Jr. High, Social Worker
- Tricia Kamp, Districtwide, Occupational Therapy
- Rebeca Powell, Longview, SLP
- Cole Robinson, McMillan, Social Worker
- Chelsea Strong, Horizon, Social Worker
- Kimberlee Talbot, Parkside, SLP
- Steffie Williams, Viewmont, Kindergarten Teacher
Congratulations to our recipients who will utilize their scholarship funding to attend professional development opportunities not otherwise available to them.