|MURRAY HIGH SCHOOL
5440 South State Street
Murray, UT 84107
Fax 801-264-7461School Website
MURRAY HIGH FAST FACTS:
- Principal: Scott Wihongi
- Assistant Principal: Dolph Church
- Assistant Principal: Theresa Mbaku
- Secretary to Principal: LeAuna Brown
- Secretary: Judy Anderson
- Secretary: Kathy Chappell
- School Schedule: 7:50 AM to 2:30 PM; Preparation Day, Wednesday 7:50 AM to 2:00 PM
- Enrollment: 1,498 students grades 10th, 11th & 12th (2017-2018 school year)
- Grades: 10th through 12th
- Mascot: Spartans
- School Colors: Orange & Black
- MHS Renaissance Program webpage
A BRIEF HISTORY OF MURRAY HIGH SCHOOL:
Murray High School was built in 1911 as Hillcrest School, and was originally located on the east side of State Street at the current Hillcrest Junior High location. It was renamed Murray High School after a few years, and then rebuilt and moved across to the west side of State Street in 1954. The new, state-of-the-art Murray High School was completed at the same location in 2003. This state-of-the-art facility offers curriculum including basic general courses, advanced technology, college prep, and career oriented offerings; along with a host of extra-curricular activities and clubs.
MHS Fight Song:
Oh when the Spartan team falls into line,
they will make a touchdown (basket) every time.
We will yell, yell, yell for victory,
and on our honor we will sing our praise to thee.
And when the team comes homes with another score,
we will cheer them, cheer them, all the more.
For we proudly wear the orange and black,
fight on to victory!